Hope you all had fun tonight hangin' out with friends, chilaxing in our pjs, eating popcorn & candy, and watching "The Clique". We definitely learned a LOT about how to handle mean girl moments! And better yet, we saw how important it is to choose our words wisely so that our own mean girls don't come out to play!
It all comes back to that same verse we've been talking about the last few weeks. Proverbs 12:18, which basically tells us that our words can kill and destroy OR they can build up and encourage someone else. The choice is ours. Do we fit in with the Massies of this world or the Claires?? Do we wanna just be a part of the "Pretty Committee" or do we want to make a real difference through the power of our words? It's a lot to think about! We've probably all felt like Claire from time to time, feeling like we just don't fit in. And sadly, we've all had our "Massie Moments", making other girls feel left out because we think that we're ALL that AND a bag of chips! I think it's time that the "Pretty Committee" got a makeover. And I'm not talking about style and fashion either. A bad attitude can ruin inner beauty... and fast! The truth is, all of us girls could use an attitude makeover at times. We want to look in the mirror and see a reflection of Jesus. That's REAL beauty! So, what's a girl to do?!?
I thought you'd never ask! We turn to God and His Word, of course!! If you have a question, then that's the place to look for answers! Sooooo, where do we start... Well, we know that Proverbs 12:18 is pretty clear that we need to build up and not tear each other down with our words. What else does the Bible have to say about girl politics???
That's what we're going to talk about over the next few days. I will post a topic each day until next Wednesday about cliques, mean girls, and fitting in. Let's take the fun and fellowship we share around the table on Wednesday nights and have a little chick chat ALL week long. So, grab a hot chocolate latte (and a friend!), and let's gab away. If everyone participates, then we can have a lot of fun with this!
At the end of the week, I want you to find a creative way to make a difference through the power of your words, and share what you did on the blog! I'll post a list of ideas to get you started tomorrow. So until then girlies, keep ROCkin (Rely On Christ!) ~Mrs. J
I can be a Massie sometimes but i'm also a Clair at the same time!I had a great time thanks.giraffelover101 :)
ReplyDelete@giraffelover--We all have our Massie moments! We just have to ask God to help us have less of them by relying on Him. Thanks for being honest :) Btw, I looooovveee giraffes too!
ReplyDeleteI want to choose my words b4 I say them so I can be more like Claire than Massie. --MC
ReplyDeleteI am working on taming my inner mean girl 2 more like a claire.-Animalluver101
ReplyDelete